LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

How manage the F16 in dogfight

Last post 04-27-1999, 3:33 AM by anonymous2. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-27-1999, 2:14 AM 132

How manage the F16 in dogfight

*** Posted by Julian "Tiger" Raureanu ***
    Hi RUN and thanks again about answering.
    Please explain about stick forces.
    A have a lot of questions:
    1. When I'm in a dogfight with a MIG29 for example do I have to turn my aircraft at corner velocity all the
    time? Even he goes vertical? (I've found the best turn rate of F16 - 19' per second at speeds between 331-440 knots).
    2. When I pull back on the stick between 331-440 knots the airspeed will bleed off at 9g. What should I do ?
    Must I wait until airspeed reaches 440 or maintain the middle of the limits 385 knots? Do I have to keep g constant or airspeed?
    3. There are three tactics on head-on engagements: the slice, the level turn and going vertical. Are there more? Would you give me some tactics in dogfight engagements ? (if it possible of course)
  •  04-27-1999, 3:33 AM 137 in reply to 132

Re:How manage the F16 in dogfight

*** Posted by RUN ***
    Most jets that are not fly-by-wire move the rudder surfaces with hydraulic actuators, so stick forces are not that heavy. The advantage in the f16 is that since its a sidestick you can lay your arm on an "armrest" & that way you don't get as fatiqued as you would if you were holding a conventional stick.
    In most configurations/altitudes you will experience bleed off if you are pulling 9 g's & flying at corner velocity is not something you do all the time. Especially not in a vertical fight. The key to succes is to obtain more energi (combination of altitude/airspeed) than your opponent.
    There are a lot of books concerning tactics you can borrow at the library,
    RUN

[Hi RUN and thanks again about answering.
    Please explain about stick forces.
    A have a lot of questions:
    1. When I'm in a dogfight with a MIG29 for example do I have to turn my aircraft at corner velocity all the
    time? Even he goes vertical? (I've found the best turn rate of F16 - 19' per second at speeds between 331-440 knots).
    2. When I pull back on the stick between 331-440 knots the airspeed will bleed off at 9g. What should I do ?
    Must I wait until airspeed reaches 440 or maintain the middle of the limits 385 knots? Do I have to keep g constant or airspeed?
    3. There are three tactics on head-on engagements: the slice, the level turn and going vertical. Are there more? Would you give me some tactics in dogfight engagements ? (if it possible of course)
    ]
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us